The Fundraising page of the site has been updated with all the fundraising info for the year including the bottle drive this Sunday (see below for details as well).
Sponsorship letters for Spartan Shootout and Beer & Burger Night are posted under Documents.
Lots more details in email below.
Email from Darren:
Hello to all – has been a great start to the year with our annual two week start of fitness and lots of energy this week as we have picked up the sticks. below is a note for all from Cheryl Brown and Caroline Mace in regards to some events for the lacrosse program and events and fundraisers planned. Thanks to both ladies and all of you for your future efforts in helping offset the costs associated with the guys travel.
Parent night – is scheduled for this Thursday evening for the whole school where you will be able to meet all your son’s teachers. In the past we have met as a CSI program with other sports- this year we are going to meet only as a lacrosse program and rather than have to squeeze the same speech/spiel into the 15 min allotted for blk 1 (gr 9/10) and 2 (gr 11/12) I would like to hold one meeting from 5:30-6:00 for all parents of all students. Will either be in gym or theater. Often strongly attended by jr parents I’m hopeful that one parent from each can attend to avoid any conflict throughout the year, review calendar sent home and events below, and answer/clarify any questions any may have
Parent clothing – new this year we have items for moms and dads (long overdue!). All logoed with Claremont lacrosse. This is not meant as a fundraiser and items will be sold at cost. In hand and ready on parent night for first come, first serve are;
-ladies Underarmour hoodies (grey) – $42
-Mens Underarmour 1/4 zips (navy) – $40
-Mens Underarmour golf shirts (black/red) – $35
-ladies pink Russell hoodies – $25
-Black Russell Hoodies – $32
-red claremont lacrosse tees – $15
The Underarmour items are first come, first serve and I have approx 10-20 items per and will not likely be available again this year. There will also be an order form (via Cheryl) with 4 or 5 items available for pre order for all parents in addition to the Russell hoodies. I’ll try to forward some pics of the items
Hope to see you Thur evening – Darren
Here is an outline of what the plan is for fundraising this year. Please email email@example.com (Cheryl Brown) if you have any questions.
• Sunday October 2nd- Bottle Drive @ the Mace’s- 8am until the bottles stop arriving. Please collect bottles from family and friends. Last years was a big money maker. Please have your player distribute the attached flyer in their neighbourhood. We will need volunteers with trucks to do pick ups. Everyone is expected to participate if possible. We understand that there are work schedules and games to navigate. We planned this on a day when the U-15’s do not play with club teams.
Darren will hand out flyers to guys at school that they can distribute around their own neighbourhood and collect on own prior to coming Sunday. In addition the sr lacrosse guys will drop flyers off throughout Lower Broadmead, Royal Oak, and a few other areas within catchment that will need to be collected on Sunday
Address: 4201 Blenkinsop Road – Caroline: 250-516-1273
• Royal Victoria Marathon – Sunday, Oct 9 (approx. 7:30-noon)
-This will be our 11th year marshaling the marathon. Due to an event in Seattle we will scale this back and only marshal two routes and will do mainly with our gr 9/10 and 11’s. Thanks to the two ladies who have offered to help organize on the day
• Subway Cards- each card is filled with two for ones. The players sell for $10. We will be sending home 10 with each player as soon as they arrive. These are great stocking stuffers!!
• Cookie Dough- the plan is to sell cookie dough as it has been a very profitable fundraiser in the past. Order forms to go home in the near future.• Spartan Shootout- Nov 25th & 26th This is our annual tournament. We would like each player to sell at least one ad in the program. Please find attached the letter outlining the cost of ads. Please e-mail art work to firstname.lastname@example.org and make cheques payable to SD 63, have your player submit cheques to Darren Reisig but make the envelope attention Cheryl Brown
• Special Event- November- we are in the beginning planning stages for a special ticketed event in the theatre at the school- date and more info coming very soon.
• Sunday February 7th Beer and Burger Night with auction at Moon Under Water Pub. We will need a representative from each grade to collect auction items. Cheryl Brown will over see the event. It is not too early to start talking to people about donations and having family and friends save the date. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in being a representative for your player’s grade.
• Flower Baskets-April- we will need a volunteer to head this up please.